Thursday, November 09, 2006

Outlaw X

I wasn't riding a fixed gear or a single speed, but it was a first for me. This morning I did a cyclocross race. The good folks in Truckee and a handful of Reno-ans have been rallyin' for Thursday morning "outlaw" cross races this fall. I don't know who came up with the name, but these things definately are not legit. They are fun, they seem to move from venue to venue every week, and the good times roll for an hour straight. Grizz put this one together, utilizing the levees, dead trees, dirt piles, boulders, and lawns at the Mayberry Park to lay out a fun course. There were flat out fast spots for the fast guys, lots of chicanes for the good guys, and some rockstacles and logstacles for the mountain bikers (me) to make up time on. I think 20 something riders showed up and a half a dozen spectators lined the course. I took a dog lap to run the hound and see what I was in for, then cued up in the back of the pack. Lap 1 I stayed in the way back. Then started riding a bit harder, trailing peeps until it was safe to pass, or just attack at an obstacle, riding away while they ran, or whatever. When it ended I was in 4th and having fun.
The apres ride donut feed was nice way to round it out. Thanks a 10^6, Grizz! Now let's go do a few more trial rides before the snow season takes hold.

J. rider

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home